Need help connecting AVR input and Smart TV to AVR sound

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neville

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Just got me a LG 65" QNED to replace my dying (will be missed) Samsung plasma. The Samsung's smart TV gave up ages ago as the apps like Youtube and Netflix got so old they wouldn't connect anymore and Samsung's app store seemed to stop working for these models. So the plasma got used as a glorified monitor connected to the AVR via HDMI (ARC I think) and all devices such as PS3, Xbox, DVD player (yes, I'm that old) and Amazon Fire TV where inputs on my Yamaha RX-v477.

Now with the shiny, new LG QNED I can actually use the smart TV's apps again and don't need to rely on the Xbox or Fire TV for Youtube and Netflix, but I want the sound to be played through the AVR on my nice speakers and sub, not through the TV speakers.

Can I connect things in such a way that I can have all sound output routed to the AVR?
So LG smart TV apps (Youtube, Netflix, etc) AND all the AVR input devices (Xbox, Fire TV, DVD, etc) must all play their sounds through the speakers connected to the AVR.

Can it be done?