Has the world gone crazy?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atjan

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just checking.

For some reason, the entire world has lost its mind over a corona virus that will be with us for always, just like the Spanish flu. We will all get it at some point. This is not really debatable, it just is.

Even in Europe, where its apparently gone as pear shaped as it can, fewer people have died than in a bad flu year.
In America the deathrate has been on an upward trend since 2013, so who knows.
https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/death-rate

Lets run the numbers real quick. Death rate, which is what worries us) for the seasonal flu is 0.1%. Covid 19 as a portion of confirm cases (10-50x less than actual infections) is 2-6%, which makes corona likely as deadly as the seasonal flu.

We have shut the world and handed over our right to freedom to our governments. Stupid, pointless rules are enforced and go unchecked, normally semi-sane people become imprompto apparatchik.

Yes people will die, but they will anyway. Tradegy of the individual vs statistics on the whole, I know.

Its worse of course in South Africa, because of its relatively youthful population - far lower impact from the illness, much worse impact economically.

Am I coming to stupid conclusions?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts