Group Gear Build

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterc

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I build a lot of my own gear, mainly recording studio units and guitar stompboxes. I find it extremely satisfying and fun.

I have been thinking of building some HiFi bits and wanted to start with something like the  Bugle Phono preamp. I would design a PCB as the circuit is pretty simple and it has batteries for power, maybe project 2 would be a power supply for this? So, I see the PCBs would be available to the builders and maybe even a parts kit. I tentatively see the parts kit with PCB, components and some cheapo connectors being in the R300-400 region, the box being of your choice.

The idea would be to all get together in a room and do some soldering and drilling and testing  and then go proudly home to the wife with your project in hand!

I am sourcing a room as I am going put this forward to the musicians as well with a guitar pedal project. Preferably somewhere like RSE Electronics, so if we need some parts for any reason, they are to hand. They dont have space at the moment, but like the idea and are looking at putting in a mezzanine floor.

So, just throwing this out there, please can I have some feedback, alternative ideas etc.

Regards, Peter

Latest posts