Forum Buying and selling Etiquette

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mafioso

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Mods, if this subject already exists elsewhere or has been raised before, please delete.

Besides disclosing absolutely everything about the condition of the items offered FS at the start of sales threads, I would like to highlight a recent experience following a PM from a forum member.

The person sent me a PM, expressing interest in viewing an item I have for sale, enquiring also where he could view the item.

I replied immediately, giving my contact numbers and advised the party that I won't be at home during the morning of the following day when he wanted to view it but that I would call him as soon as I arrived back home.

The following day, I had a pre-arranged doctor's appointment which involved a very long waiting period before I could see the doc and the hours crept on to just past midday.

I therefore interrupted the appointment and came home to call the person. I found a mobile number logged on my caller ID but no message on my answering machine.

I called the number and it was that of the party who wanted to view what I have to sell.

He advised me that he was currently visiting Strand and then Paarl and that he would be in touch 'later'.

Yesterday, I arranged to stay home postponing other matters I had to attend to away from home. No call all day and the same until now.

I am of the opinion that this kind of behaviour is very bad manners. If the person had something unforeseen happen and he is no longer able to keep intended appointmnents or lost interest, a simple phonecall would avoid causing inconvenience and time wasting.

What do you think?

skollie

Status
Not open for further replies.