Floor-standing speakers with a R140k budget?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

na_vtec

Reaction score
I am in the market to upgrade my B&W 603's, not the S2 version I still have the original 603's. Since I have B&W I recently auditioned the newly released B&W 702-S3's and was very impressed by them. The separated tweeter provides a noticeable improvement to the highs, midrange is more detailed and the soundstage is noticeably wider/bigger than I am used to. I listen to music 80% of the time, am looking to add a center and surrounds for movies, but my priority in terms of speaker choice is music listening.
I stupidly listened to the 801 D4's as well just for reference and WOW, those things are incredible! *looks at price and returns to reality*

Considering the retail of the 702's new is R137k, it got me wondering what else I should consider at this price-point, or there-about. I have tried googling but am struggling to find a local retailer that I can go to audition or even get pricing as a comparative. I'm open to any brand.

So this leads me to my question: If you were buying new speakers or are happy with your own, please would you share your suggestions on what I should include in my search and be specific as to model and where one could find them?