Entering the dark side: Servicing a Lenco L75

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atjan

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Roit...so I got a nice clean example of a Lenco L75 a while back from a fellow forum member. The thing turns when you flick the switch and the speed change works nice and smooth.

20130530104106.jpg

20130530104045.jpg

It had a bit of a rumble when the platter turned which I thought was the idler wheel. Until I lifted the platter and found the idler wheel in near new condition. The spindle feels quite smooth but there is small amount of lateral play. Something to look at?

20130530101933.jpg

20130530102057.jpg

Read the little label there and found out that the red screws should be loosened. Should they be taken out or is pretty loose good enough?
Anyway, loosened them and most of noise was gone. But the spring that holds the idler arm is stuffed. Had to cut it off but I need to replace it. Where can I get one?

20130530102148.jpg

Under the metal bit there's some rubber goodies shown on my crappy pic below. Should there not be rubbers in the front as well?

20130530102309.jpg

Then I popped the hood and saw these bits of wood at the bottom. What would they be doing there? One of them turned and was touching the idler wheel when not running. Can I just dispatch with them?

Next up, do I need to worry about cleaning the stylus?
The arm seems ok but here's a bit of oxidation on the stem that makes it feel a little rough. How should one clean these?

Thanks in advance, oh wise ones!

Latest posts