eARC firmware update for Samsung 2019 TVs

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msch997

AVForums Member
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed the above announcement on FlatpanelsHD website in the last week. Being a 2019 Q80R owner I updated my Q80R firmware from 1395 to 1401 (the eARC update firmware) and can confirm I now have eARC on that TV.
I tested by connecting an Apple TV 4K (2021) to port 4 on the Q80R's One Connect Box and a message appeared on the Q80R screen from the ATV 4K confirming the eARC connection.
The ATV 4K also now passes Dolby Atmos via the eARC port on the Q80R to my AVR (Denon X4500H which also was updated to eARC via a firmware update but quite a while back), where prior to the Q80R eARC update that did not happen.
The update is definitely available for the Q80R and Q90R I cannot confirm if applicable to the Q70R or Q60R.
Took a while to come around but its nice to get this sort of enhancement to a 3 year old TV.

Anyone have a HDfury Vertex2 or Diva lying around I am now thinking of trying out Player led/ Low Latency Dolby vision (lldv) on this TV :)

Song by the Who where the lyrics go .. "fiddle about, fiddle about"... it never ends does it (different context of course)?

Latest posts