DSTV no signal via HD projector

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gizmowp

Reaction score
apologies if this is in the incorrect place...

i am experiencing a hiccup with watching dstv on my projector....it has worked like a charm previously but not sure what the issue is.

in a nutshell i have a projector setup and screen setup  for gaming and watching movies....it is all hookedup via an hdmi splitter...4 inut and out via a 20metre hdmi cable to projector.these all work fine...

I bought an extra 20m cable to only use when there are good sporting games on which i need to run through to the bedroom as that's where our decoder is unfortunately...

initially it worked brilliantly...but i tested it again and was unable to pick up picture...it did show picture but the picture was snowy and there was no sound..i figured the cable was bust and bought a new 15metre cable. its the same issue...but now when it searches for signal nothing happens. I attempted a restore to factory setting on decoder and when it rebooted it did pickup a grainy picture on startup...once it moves to the dstv home screen no signal picks up...when i plug the hdmi straight into tv it is fine...no settings have changed....

could this be firmware related? im really stumped

Latest posts