Do you share your musical tastes with your kids

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stereosane

Where Music & Emotions Meet
Reaction score
I was just wondering how many of you will sit your kids down and introduce them to your music and let them listen to your system?

I remember when I was a kid, my Dad would always take me with to go buy his latest LP, then we'd go home and we'd listen to it together, when I was old enough to operate the Turntable he also let me use his Hifi whenever I wanted... Granted then it wasn't a high end setup ( I managed to blow his amp three times ) but  he never gave up on me... Anyway I've been introducing my 10 year old daughter to some of my music, I have a very wide taste in music and there's actually lots she enjoys, it's given me so much pleasure sharing some of my tastes with her, a pity she's not into the equipment as well  :O0: she now requests certain songs when we get home from aftercare then she spends the next hour practicing her dance moves outside while the music is playing. Music really brings people together and seems to make the atmosphere more warm and social, it's a special h g we share now, and yes I have to give in every now and then and listen to Katty Perry with her as well  :Ooooooh:

I guess what my Dad did with me is one of the reasons I love music so much today, it was the bonding, the excitement of getting a new album all put together to make music a really special moment.