Dirac Live advice requested

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxfly1

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am looking into Dirac Live (caused by reading Rodney's posts). My whole CD collection is ripped to ALAC/FLAC supplemented by files from HD Tracks & B&W Society of sound. Only interested to DSP applied to music from my PC, Dirac stereo only.
Currently using JRiver MC21 with PC USB connection to my Rotel RC1590, using the Rotel USB2.0 ASIO output mode - exclusive setting.

Questions:
1. Dirac Live manual refers to external sound cards - please confirm that it works using built in sound cards as well (I have a Realtek sound card in a ASUS i7 notebook - which supports ASIO, Wasapi and Kernell).

2. Can the UMIK-1 mic be bought locally or must I buy it from MiniDSP?

3. My PV1D SW is connected using speaker inputs to my amp, crossover at 29 Hz and sensitivity 82dB. When running the room calibration, must the SW just be switched on as it is setup or what needs to be done for 2.1 configuration?

Any other advice to get me started on the Dirac journey will be appreciated!

Rodney - congrats on your new Spirits - absolutely stunning setup you have! Thanks for your informative posts, which leads us into temptation...

Latest posts