Cleaning Cars

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agaton Sax

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
I never wash my cars as every time I do that I see a new dent or scratch. The job has therefore gone to the gardener who uses goodness knows what.

One of our cars is what its makers grandiosely call a ?Shooting brake? They probably envisaged a DINK couple zipping from Stuttgart to Siena or Berlin to Biarritz in style. In an ordinary world in possession of ordinary people it becomes station wagon. The luggage compartment, probably designed  for  custom matching luggage becomes a place for torn Pick and Pay bags oozing milk ,meat juices and Sunlight Liquid. The rear seat  meant for  rolls of architectural plans and a discarded Hermes scarf becomes  a lunch- and change room  for teenagers ,resulting in detritus that could feed an entire pig farm for a week.

When Phase visited my house he casually mentioned that he has a chain of centres, called Auto Guard. They valet cars and more. He invited me to bring my cars to his  business. My first thoughts were,sjoe , are the cars that dirty,wow,good luck with that mess and that my experience with valets  has been too shiny sticky,surfaces and cabins smelling of  ?Spring Dawn? toilet spray . Err ..not.

What went is as family wagon came back a Shooting brake. I don?t remember this thing rolling out of the showroom looking like this! The paint is shiny, with deep lustre and smooth,leather perfect and the matt wood finishes would seriously embarrass many an Italian speaker manufacturer. A Mercedes Benz engine bay is usually as inspiring as a NAD faceplate but now it actually looks nice.I see he cesspool that was the cargo bay is actually beautiful carpet with shiny metal inlays. Who knew that!

Phase, Alan,Auto Guard just got themselves a lifelong customer