Car sound issues

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enigma_2k4

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hello fellow forumites,

I am having some car sound issues that I am getting quite stuck with. My setup used to look like this:
Front stage - DLS R6A splits
Processor - RF360.2
Amp - Audison LRx 3.1k
sub - 2 x RF P2 10" subbies

Then a few months back, one of my batteries exploded and the subsequent surge fried the 100amp fuse on the amplifier, and the sound processor. I replaced the fuse on the amp, and that is fine. The sound processor is unfortunately dead.

Since then, I've never quite been able to get the sound right, I always thought it was simply because the sound processor was totally kick ass, and now I dont have the crazy EQ I had before as well as no time alignment.

When ever I turn the volume level up highish on the headunit, my amp cuts out for about half a second, when looking at the lights, basically the "check" and "overload" lights start flashing. Here's it what it says in the manual:

Now I am a bit confuzzled by this, as basically nothing has changed for the last month or so until all of a sudden this started happening. I've tried tweaking levels and things down but it's much the same. I've also opened up the doors and the sub boxes etc and checked all the cabling, and it's all fine. Any ideas anyone as to what is causing the issue here?

Latest posts