Cambridge Audio 640A V2 amplifier left channel issues

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakesb

AVForums Member
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all, long time (I blame Schalk and a few others because I have no reason to visit the classifieds anymore  :dance:)

The left channel on my Cambridge Audio 640A V2 amplifier disappears now and then. Initially I thought it was a dirty volume pot because when you move the volume quickly the channel comes back most of the time. It can disappear immediately again depending on its mood.

I opened the unit and sprayed a very closed up volume control with electrical cleaner thinking it will do the trick. The problem was still there afterwards and I thought that it was due to my poor cleaning attempt.

I used the unit as a pre-amp to another amplifier the other day and to my surprise it was working perfect all the time. I tested the unit on its own again and the problem is back. Any ideas, suggestions or experience with something similar? I'm thinking it must be a faulty transistor/mosfet on the power amplifier left side.

Latest posts