Beyma 2.5 Way TQWT Kit - Interest Poll

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you seriously consider buying this kit at approx R20k?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

johnc

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Ian and I have spent some time discussing the possibility of developing a kit using Beyma 12P80Nd and TPL-150H drivers. The design goal is to end up with a pair of very high quality passive speakers while keeping an eye on costs. Perhaps we can think of it as a scaled down version of Ian's current HE speakers. The kit will not be cheap but I firmly believe that it will be excellent value for money. And certainly more affordable than Ian's current speakers.

http://profesional.beyma.com/ingles/pdf/12P80Nd.pdf
http://profesional.beyma.com/ingles/pdf/TPL150H.pdf

Approximate pricing for the kit would be as follows:

4 x Beyma 12P80Nd @ R2000 each
2 x Beyma TPL-150H @ R3500 each
Crossover and misc components (binding posts, grill etc.)
Total excl wood, paint etc. & development costs
    R8000
    R7000
    R4000
    R19000

Details and options (eg: better capacitors) would be discussed and confirmed among interested forum members.

The above prices do not include the cabinets or Ian's time and expertise. It is only right that we provide some compensation for his efforts. I would like to see something like R5000 going to Ian for developing and documenting the kit (a small amount considering the amount of work that goes into this). So if there are five takers, that would be an extra R1000 each.

The total cost, depending on optional extras is likely to end up between R20k and R25k.
Due to the costs involved, it would be necessary for participants to commit upfront and make a down payment of say R10k. Of course it would  be outrageous to expect Ian to fork out R100k on parts without proper commitment and down payment from buyers.

If you find yourself questioning the value of this kit, I suggest you contact Ian and listen to his existing setup.

The big question is...
Who wants to buy the kit?

If you would seriously consider this please vote in the poll and PM Ian (aka JimGore) and/or me.

Latest posts