Beware Audiophonics in France!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisc

AVForums Grandmaster
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score

On the recommendation of a friend who lives in Geneva, Switzerland I purchased an Audio-GD DAC and a AudioTrax DAC/Preamp and Bluetooth speaker for a friend.  Payment was effected by PayPal.  Audiophonics supplied a tracking number via Collisimo, which is a French agency not unlike Speed Services in SA. 

Warning no 1 was that the tracking number showed that the item was accepted by them on 28th December at 09.38 and reached the destination the same day at 14.05 (damned quick flight).  I heard nothing more about the receipt of the parcel.  Enquiries to Audiophonics got no replies until I contacted PayPal the day prior to the claim period expiring.  Audiophonics then said that their shipper advised the given address was uncontactable and I was to provide a new address.  Seeing I have lived at the same address for 31 years and provided phone numbers, I thought this a bit strange

On 20th February, Audiophonics said they had shipped it again, but provided no tracking number and ignore emails.  I even wrote them in French in case there was a translation problem

Having nagged PayPal for 5 weeks, they initially advised that the shipper assured them he had sent the goods, but on the last reply, acknowledge there is a problem and unless a satisfactory answer is received from Audiophonics, they will refund me.  All you usually get from PayPal is a generic reply.  Audiophonics had the payment record on PayPal flagged as "unrefundable due to time elapsed" one month after they shipped the goods

Some murky dealings here.  I spoke to the friend in Geneva and he called them after a battle to get a phone number (they are in Bordeaux) and they brushed it off as my being difficult and told him it was "impossible" I had not received the items and when he asked for proof, hung up the phone

Latest posts