Bee in my bonnet - Musical Fidelity kit - or others?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyBawb

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Ever since hearing my CM7's demo'ed on a Musical Fidelity integrated amp, I've had an admiration for the brand, an a desire to own something of theirs....

I see uncle Doep is selling an F19 for R19k, which I'd reckon to be pretty darn cheeky without the matching pre-amp - but it does look to be an utterly stonking bit of kit.

Then I've been offered an A300 integrated amp for R14800, which I also get the feeling is perhaps taking the piss just a tad.

I should've grabbed the X-200 monoblocks 2 years ago when JesseJon had them up for sale - little did I know how rare they were.  :mad:

Anyhoo, so I now find myself toying with the idea of a nice stereo setup, and cycling through a few sets of speakers till I find a good fit.

I've got a pair of Emotiva UPA-1 monoblocks and a USP-1 pre-amp - which impressed me when driving the Watt/Puppies - but I don't have much of a frame of reference for brands and how they compare / where they fall in the pecking order..

So, the idea is to maybe sell the Emotivas, and look at something else...

As per the above, is Musical Fidelity worth looking at? At the prices guys want for the kit these days?

A mate's also offered me his ElectroCompaniet EC 4.5 + AW250R pre & power combo at what seems to be a pretty decent price.

Input / opinions, please gents?