Iconic products - those gems that passed through your life

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Air

AVForums Super Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
We are spoiled, I believe; there are so many good products out there, almost too many. In every price category, there are quality products that can be used to build a music reproduction system at home that is satisfying and rewarding.

However, I do believe, based on my experience, that certain products have that x-factor that is hard to pin down that elevates the good and makes it a gem and icon. I experience that even within very good brands, one or two designs/products stand out from the rest within the range. Conversely, not all that wear the badge necessarily have the right to wear it ;)

So please share with us what products you crossed paths with that have that elusive X-factor. It would be nicer to hear from personal experience about those gems you lived with rather than those out-of-reach products that we only read about in the press or at hifi shows. Related threads have asked about extreme value products or price/performance ratio, but I think we should not focus on price for a while. I am looking for those outstanding gems at all price points.

Being a man implies visual stimulation, as always add to the interest, so a photo will also be great.

I look forward to learning, being informed and being entertained by the rich forum experience..So bring on all those products that left their wonderful mark on your journey. It could be current or vintage, that for me is the perhaps the point, these gems are timeless

Last edited:

Latest posts