Audience Speakers

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrarfussi

AVForums Grandmaster
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
I am always amazed by how many speaker brands there are . How many are totally unheard of in this small market of ours . I guess this is why we have so many yellow cone fans .
And to yellow cone fans B&W is the best speaker in the world  :BANDW:
I have recently had the pleasure of listening to speakers on the other side of the pond .
Recently i got a pair of Goldenears bookshelfs  Aeon 2
after  a search through various speakers  These are totally epic or so I thought .
Yesterday i had a chance of listening to  some audience speakers .
The One  http://www.audience-av.com/loudspeakers/
This is a tiny speaker  .  It looks like one full range driver in the front and passive  on the back .  It works best close to a wall using the reflection to increase its image . It really requires a Sub to get some decent low end . Funny for a small speaker its not that efficient . 84db  i found that i had to turn up the volume on the preamp to get the same output level as i did on the Goldenears .  Although rated at 25w  being  :EGrin: plugged them into a 250w Parasound  amplifier 
I was amazed by the sound of this little speaker  Totally . The vocals  the instruments everything just sounded perfect the only thing missing was . Of course the lower bass . imaging was precise .  This would be ideal for someone with a small office .  they look beautiful on a desk with beautiful stands . Really professional looking .
I really Envy the guys who write reviews  To find all the right words to use to describe a speaker . Its one of those things you have to hear them to believe such good sound would come out of a tiny speaker.  Well I have two problems with them . The need for a subwoofer and the Price ,  They are almost the same price as the Kef ls50  . I haven't listened to the kef's i would love to compare anyone who has the kef's in jhb . It would be nice to do a comparison .
DSC_0486_zpsnugm03al.jpg

DSC_0487_zpsryj3io1t.jpg

The Clairaudient  1+1
just a little bit bigger than the 1 has two side radiators
Audience claim these speakers do not use a crossover.
galltext_1plus1.jpg

how to describe these no words you have to listen  to believe it
I love that they are easy to place and placement next to a wall is ideal. Rear ported bookshelves such a pain sometimes .  I wish i had Francois talent or Kent Kasslers wit
so i wont say anything . These buggers left me discontent . my beautiful goldenears left in the dust by this  little speaker .  Honestly i Blame the cables had the cables been right my Goldenears would have sounded better  :giggle:
DSC_0485_zpsam0vjqfy.jpg

DSC_0484_zpsfxs8mekh.jpg

DSC_0482_zpsntfvavxm.jpg

Latest posts