Assistance on Blu-ray setup & Marantz Receiver

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KLK

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi Fellow members:

I'm looking for assistance on a blu-ray setup to my marantz sr5010.

I recently purchased a new Samsung TV with a ARC (Audio Return Channel) I've connected the ARC on TV to the output ARC on the marantz. And a separate HD cable to the other output (think output 2/"monitor") on marantz to the input to the TV (Input 1).

I've setup that the ARC is recognized on the Marantz, as before internal sound wasnt playing through the system, until this was done. So internal sound is coming through the AVR and the speakers, so USB movies are playing the sound. The TV recognizes the receiver and shows as an icon on the TV.

Last night i borrowed a blu ray player this is plugged into the blu ray input of the AVR, and set it up, there is an image from the video but NO SOUND. I've ran a setup on the AVR for blu ray setup, and it shows the image but no sound.

So now I'm so lost, I tried this morning plugging the blu ray into the game input on the AVR, but there isn't a picture or sound recognized.

On my older tv, this wasnt an issue, the game hdmi showed the image, and system avr played the sound, however it was older tv therefore using an optical cable for sound and not a ARC.

So in light of the above, I'm asking if there is an AVR setting that I'm missing?

I preferably want the blu ray plugged into the AVR so that can get Dolby HD/DTS master etc sound?.

Associated equipment: samsung ks8000/marantz sr5010

Any advise will be appreciated,

Latest posts