Any Daan Jacobs Ref 2 loudspeaker owners? Info wanted

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shonver

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I recently expressed my wish to complete my redesign of a Daan Jacobs Ref 2 crossover during the lock-down period.  I was soon contacted by a fellow member who graciously shared some details of his own pair, for which I am grateful. I had suspected that DJ did a bit of chopping and changing of his designs. The information I received almost confirms this. I just don't know if the drivers I have were changed by the designer or subsequent owner(s).

My intention is to fix my own pair and sell them on, as I have other projects waiting in the wings. I will share the details of my crossover. However, the circuit will not be directly transferable to speakers that use drivers different to what I have. For this reason I am asking anyone who has information on this product (kit?) to share details with me. If you have a schematic, please post it here or send it to me. Model numbers of drivers will help. Even a pic of the front baffle may help with learning how many variants there were.

Thank you in advance.