The people that came with on the journey

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johanhp

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Sitting here listening to Teddy Thompson on a Sunday morning with the liquid notes washing over me. The music is soothing and I am relaxed in a peaceful setting.

I am thinking less about the gear that got me here but more about the people. The bonds forged and the relationships that formed.

Apart from the enthusiasts on the forum that are ever helpful I want to to mention a few people on the commercial side that became friends and who played a big part in the journey.

BJ: Ben is measured and calm, always willing to listen and give you his full attention and honest opinion. He is passionate about music and especially vinyl. Clearaudio, Magnepan, Plinius and EMMLabs are close to his heart and they are not just products to him. He will contact the owners for their opinion on your systems' setup, and his delight when something comes together for you sometimes eclipses your own. He always goes the extra mile and will come and install at your house even if it on the other side of the country.

Air: Stefan has a singular passion and vision. He always pushes to get further on his own journey and will take you with him for the trip. Interesting products like Jadis, ProAc, Living Voice, Holo, Shindo and Accuphase is what makes him tick and when he is not busy with that he designs his own speakers. He has infecteous curiosity and the ability to dissect technical details and get to the bottom of things. His love for music and a drive to make quality audio accesible makes you want to know more.

Achim, larger than life, direct and unapologetic. Sharing freely from his immense experience. But the music is what drives him. Never boring and always looking for the excitement, such that you get from a live performance in your living room. Exotic brands from Europe that has special meaning for him, pair that with art and eclectic furniture, and it makes any visit to him a special occasion. Gryphon, Hana, Rega, Tannoy and Avantgarde are what you will see and he has a personal connection to all of them.

At the end you realise the relationships are more important than the music and you trust people enough to call them friends. The music is still damn fine though.