Advice sought - AV receiver to power B&W 683 S2

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidvdw

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hello,

Noobie making first post.

For many years I  used my Onkyo TXSR 600E AV receiver to power a pair of B&W 602 S3 fronts.

Recently I sold the 602's and splurged on 683 S2. While the Onkyo powers these much bigger speakers (It sends 80 watts/channel at 8 ohm) I feel that the speakers need and deserve better.

I have an older B&W center speaker - the LCR 600 and for surrounds a pair of b&w m1 (waaaay too small I know). The sub is the ASW610.

Although I'm more interested in stereo audio I do like the surround sound on movies and I also like the large concert like experience afforded by classical music concert blu ray recordings which offer DTS HD which I currently send to the receiver using analogue interconnects from an Oppo BD95.

My other source is an HTPC (Kodi) connected to a Maverick Audio Tube Magic plus DAC for stereo listening and via co-axial digital input to the receiver for movies.

So I'm thinking that I'd like a more powerful AV receiver and it's here that I would like recommendations from the forum. What thoughts?

I don't mind getting an amp that's too strong for the surrounds and center as I can always sell those speakers and put the proceeds towards larger ones.

All input appreciated.

David.

Latest posts