ADVICE on Pre-Amp options to pair with Parasound A21

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tehadra

Reaction score
Good day fellow Hi-Fi Heads

I have recently made the jump into Pre-Power stereo setup. I previously had the Denon PMA 1500AE hooked to the Jamo C109, which was a beautiful pairing, but always felt that it was lacking the juice required to make the C109's sing to the best of its capability.
My initial upgrade option was the Denon PMA 2600 but I was reluctant to spend money on only 10 more wattage even though i new it had the current to push almost any set of speakers and one thing that i miss more was the excellent phonostage from the smaller version which meant the Flagship would have even surpassed the ability of the younger brother.

I presently have the Parasound Halo P3 Pre-Amp hooked to the Parasound Halo A21 and have been indifferent to its music presentation.
Depending on recording, it sometimes sounds so good especially when I am listening to jazz and it come and sound so lifeless when listening to vocal heavy music. I am not certain what might the cause of the contrasting presentation but i have singled the weakness to the Pre-amp.

Any suggestion on possible replacement Pre-Amp options that might match well with the A21?
I tried making inquiries for the new JC2BP  Pre-Amp but got scared away by the recommended price of R100K

Funds are really tight right now after the new purchase and made worse by the Lockdown situation we find ourselves in.
I would appreciate good new/used options under reasonable pricing

Thanks you in advance
Prince

Latest posts