THE LOFT is about to close - the end of a chapter but not the end of the story..

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

achim

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Everything has an end and of course Thirteen Art & Audio will continue with all the brands I am connected since many years - but THE LOFT as a different concept of showroom hasnt worked out in the way I was hoping and somehow expecting it.  While showrooms like this been seen as the only way to promote and sell High End in many parts of Europe - South Africans are expecting more regular store set ups - and I accept this.

March as my personal deadline ended and so does THE LOFT now! From now on the sale of all demo and display items will start. There is so much interesting stuff to buy at truly bargains but I somehow think most of it I ll pack and ship to Germany because the demand and sales in Europe are despite the crisises much higher than what I m experiencing here. Even my Avantgarde Trios, Unos and Zero Ones might find their new homes in Europe. To me it means a bit more work but finally easier sales, higher prices and a market who knows and appreciates european audio much more than here.

But anyway...there are Bullys and Maxes....Clearaudios and Brinkmanns for sale...! Who dreamed about an Avantgarde Trio Set, an Uno Fino or the fully active Zero Ones (original & new pair as well)... now or never is the right time. Maybe the world first crossoverless Electrostatic Speakers from Soltanus could be yours...or a mint, never been in use Clearaudio Master Innovation with TT2 and optional stand. Maybe a breathtaking Brinkmann 2arm Balance and Edison Phono is your choice - or the last pair of Tannoys Turnberry GR or the tiny Autographs (new and sealed). Who maybe has the space to set up Gryphons Pendragon 4 Tower Speaker System.... you can save 1,5 Mio Rand  ;) or use their Bass Towers as the probably best sounding "Subs" on planet earth....

Thirteen Audio & Art will continue... and if you want to buy any Gryphon or Avantgarde product - my personal set up ll give the interested client an idea and a new item can be ordered at any time - but here in SA.....no more display and demo products ;)