NEEO aquired by Control4

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avian

AVForums Member
Reaction score
I've been watching the project since the early days and was considering getting one, but then heard the company was aquired by Control4 and "support for existing NEEO users will continue for some time"... that's not great news for existing owners.

And elsewhere on the forum I just learned that Harmony universal remotes are end of life now, also support for a "while" still...

So what are your considerations? I currently have a Harmony Elite and it's work well enough. I have very limited control of my Apple TV, so there I just go to the native remote, and my Zappiti could also be better represented (1-9 numbers to skip to 10-90%), it would make the Harmony much bigger adding physical buttons for those.

So how much should I worry about support, probably not much for a few years, and what are you guys looking at / using? My battery is also not lasting long anymore, not sure if it can be replaced, but eventually I'll have to replace the remote, question is, with what?