JBL 4722 - Does anyone here own them?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avian

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I think this is my 1st post, I've been reading and watching classifieds here, but never got active on the forum. I also have some items to advertise, but need 50 posts, so I'll get started. (I do have a iTrader rating on Carbonite, but the items are more suited to this forum)

My current gear should be in my signature, it's in a dedicated cinema room with acoustic panels, set up with REW, managed to get a satisfactory house curve that sounds very pleasant to my ears... but upgraditis is a problem...

The midbass impact and "scale" of sound that a speaker like the 4722 can give, because of sensitivity and compression driver, plus sheer size, is something I cannot find / afford in the consumer audio space. There are other pro audio options, but they're either not in SA or out of my price range.

I did a lot of research and I've decided to get 3x 4722's for LCR behind an AT screen. On AVForums UK there are lots of info on them, I believe I won't be disappointed and that they won't be too big for my room.

Wild and Marr can bring them in, but they're expensive (to me), especially compared to many years ago (I searched the forum). E-Piphany in Cape Town are also registered with Wild and Marr.

I was wondering if anyone had 4722's? If not, perhaps DIY compression driver speakers, or a different brand? And your thoughts on them compared to consumer audio gear of similar price range, for 95% cinema use / 5% music.

I hope to become a more active member, though I don't get a lot of time for forums etc.

Regards
Avian