Some Appreciation for Dali Speakers

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sound_Hound_SA

AVForums Veteran
Commercial Member
Reaction score
So I have spent quite a bit of time with Dali Speakers to be specific the Oberon Series which included the Oberon 7 Floor speakers, have to mention that whathifi have given the little brother the Oberon 5 a full 5 out of 5!. Now I know when some read this they may think "Dali".... What is that ?

Danish Audiophile Loud Speaker Industries.

For me its a Brand in South Africa which many people may overlook as the bigger guns are more well known through out the world and appear on every forum and discussion. It's a Brand that needs to be promoted more often and its a brand of quality at the same time.

My time with Oberon 7s was extremely pleasant, first of these guys deliver low end like you cannot believe. Especially good for new age kind of music. I had both my Wife and Son ask me if the subwoofer is turned on ? I just smiled knowing that I turned subwoofer off and disabled it in my AVR. The system was paired with an Onkyo NR-696 which brought out the best in these speakers.

Musically they impressed me so much that I was a little sad to let them go, from separation of music instruments to a perfect balance between mids and highs these speakers delivered sound with clarity and finesse. Delivery was precise and clean. They required no toe-in at all!! That is apparent in their manual.... Dali says these speakers have a wide dispersion and oh yes they do! Yes their high end/treble is a tad bright for my liking but it never once caused fatigue when listening and that is mostly due to the fact the they have a very even dispersion

Not going to compare these with any brand but for what I used them for which was both music and movies they did not disappoint at all, instrumental detail was fantastic, it's always surprising to hear instruments you have never heard before in your favorite songs. A clear winner in the music industry that should be given more attention by Audiophiles, and at the price they come in at they certainly are a true bargain.

All praise from my side for these speakers, I have heard higher end speakers that cannot come close to what these offer.

Latest posts