Audio GD vs Soekris

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itscraig

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Ok, let's start by saying that this is my opinion, it may be different for other people's ears. there are no measurements here, just what it sounded like to me.

The Audio GD is a very good Amp Dac combo. For the money I cannot fault it, nor do I think it can be beaten in the price range (used that is)

So how does the Dac compete against the Soekris?
For me it doesn't.
I tested the Dac as a Dac only for this test. I played both Dac's through the Woo Audio WA6SE Amp. The Soekris is clearer, crisper more musical. I never tried the USB so i do not know how that will fair. I used the optical and the coax for the tests.
Do I like the Audio GD? Hell yes! It is good. The Soekris just has a little more magic in it. To pinpoint the differences I would not be able to do 100%. There is another thing to consider, I use the Audeze LCD3's as my main listening can's. I did try with other sets, the result was the same, however with the LCD3's it was easier for me to hear the differences as I know the usual sound.
If I wanted an all in one Dac Amp combo to travel with, or take up less real estate on a desk the GD would be it. It is leaps and bounds above the Audeze Deckard.

Audio GD will be up for sale

IMG_6246_zpsbgvklj8f.jpg

Latest posts