Author Topic: Lack of Dynamic Range ruining today's music  (Read 387 times)

Offline Trompie67

*Insert profound or witty phrase here*

Offline pwatts

Re: Lack of Dynamic Range ruining today's music
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 11:48:11 AM »
This has been an issue for decades

Offline Rotten Johnny

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 12:15:18 PM »
The good thing is it's much, much less of an issue with indie artists, who whilst they're at it actually make real music.  It's all the mainstream pop and rock crap that suffers most from this lunacy.
I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things -- Tom Waits

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.

Online King_Julian_S

Lack of Dynamic Range ruining today's music
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 12:50:56 PM »
Guys c’mon I see millions of youngsters and others enjoy their music wether it’s lack of Dynamic ranges and pure doof psst or whatever ... but do not call genre’s crap just cause you don’t like it ..
I see a lot more people enjoying pop and rock in a manner far superior compared to say people sitting in sweet spots listening to DK dynamic recordings downloaded from the Bowers website..
so who do we think the market should cater for... + dynamics cost money and with all the snakeoil around .. who’s to be blamed ?
Actually perhaps us that buys these snake oils at whatever prices to be “big boys” on small tiny little forums etc... maybe we should drop demand of these snaky highend stuff and the prices will lower and snake oil will disappear ...who else have the power to do that ?  but who on this forum will do that as an example ? Ja nee..

Anyway I like the solution most long live vinyl (🤫 JR 🤫)

“There is no choice but to choose the artists who “defend” the “Loudness War”. Another way is to buy vinyls, where the principle of physical recording on the board to some extent limits the compression of dynamics – not everyone is a fan of analogy.”

« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 01:03:37 PM by King_Julian_S »
Non audiophile music lover...

Offline pwatts

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 12:59:18 PM »
Nothing stops the mastering engineer from compressing the material that gets stamped on vinyl too of course.. less likely of course but still entirely possible.

Online King_Julian_S

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 01:05:44 PM »
Nothing stops the mastering engineer from compressing the material that gets stamped on vinyl too of course.. less likely of course but still entirely possible.
Ja but even if he does it to the master these other sources just go stuff it up more from there .... anyway it was the solution the author of you’ll story wrote not mine ,,, I know the dark truth
Non audiophile music lover...