Author Topic: Mr Valve - Last Email For Mr Valve  (Read 538 times)

Offline AlleyCat

Mr Valve - Last Email For Mr Valve
« on: December 28, 2017, 09:44:50 AM »
I am sure all those that have subscribed to Mr Valve through the years know this, but for those that don't, another bit of sad news to end this year :

To all Mr Valve’s Loyal Friends

It is with a sad heart that I’m sending this final last email.

There were so many laughs, so many stories, so many difficult tubes to find … but most of all I made friends on email I never knew were possible.  Thank you for that.

Today my prayer for you is -

May The Lord bless you and keep you; May the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; May the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.

Blessings

Sanita
NB:  My email is address - [I removed this]

A man never knows how to say goodbye; a woman never knows when to say it.

Helen Rowland

Regards
Sanita Kuyper
"Not everything meaningful is measurable, and not everything measurable is meaningful" - Floyd Toole

Offline capetownwatches

Re: Mr Valve - Last Email For Mr Valve
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 07:04:53 PM »
Damn, this is sad. Found some amazing tubes there and at ridiculous prices compared to buying online.
Fantastic service as well from Sanita and everything so well packaged.

What will she do with the unsold stock? Someone going to take it off her hands?

Kingrex HQ1-Benchmark DAC1 USB-NFB11.32-Little Dot MKll-SRM252S
LCD2F-HD600-DT990Pro-K612Pro-K240S K171MKll-M4U2-Y50-SR207

Offline 2wice

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 09:47:01 PM »
Bought tubes from her when I lived round the corner.
It's much harder now.

Offline Ampdog

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 01:50:20 AM »
Yes.

I was somewhat invloved with the take-over from Wim (Bouwman), as well as purchasing some stuff from Sanita.

What to say; though she stopped importing some time ago, I still kept contact with her and Hennie.

It is over then to direct import, and with the small quantities I will probably be using, somewhat of a schlepp.

Sanita took over a lot of seldom-used valves from Wim; hope she could get rid of those without too much sweat.

There then:

I did stack up on 6L6GCs for the Hallé, but the rest will have to be acquired in some way.  Quite some good  used valves on offer, but not for me when refurbishing existing amplifiers and particularly not in new stuff. The future will have to tell. (A large slice of Sanita's clientele was disco owners and such. Wonder what they are doing now ....)
Audio must be the only branch of engineering where lack of basics' knowledge is considered a superior form of wisdom. (Anon)