Unassuming Bookshelf Speaker That Supprised You Most

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stereosane

Where Music & Emotions Meet
Reaction score
I want to hear from you what simple or cheap or maybe non audiophile speaker has blown you away the most, maybe it did lots wrong but one thing very special or a speaker people might scoff at or look past easily..

Mine is the Boston HD7, they were very popular back in the day but you see a lot of them on sale on Gumtree and a lot of people seem to ignore them, they look okay, feel very light and hollow and look like a simple budget speaker.... but the voicing of the midrange is very very special to me  :dance: the bass falls short and treble could be more refined but damn when they do music they just sound so right and so inviting and vocals just sound incredible to the point were I wonder if I would have ever tried anything more if these were my first speakers..

I say for R1000 these are a must buy if you just want to enjoy the music but still want a bit of a speacial midrange, there only downside is that they will more than likely need a refoam.

What's your special unassuming speaker?