Zone 2 issue on onkyo 626

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cool Runnings

Reaction score
I am having an issue with my zone 2 audio and was hoping that one of the audiophiles here could help. My setup is as follows:
I have an onkyo tx nr626 amplifier and a samsung smart tv ua65ju6000. I have a minix player (bd/dvd) and an explora (cbl/satellite) connected to the receiver via hdmi. The amp has the following inputs etc 6xhdmi, bluetooth, net (streaming audio) and usb media. i recently setup zone 2 speakers and on the manual it states that zone 2 output can only be analogue unless it is the same as zone 1.

How i normally listen to music is that I go onto youtube on my phone and stream to the tv. I want to be able to do the same for zone 2 while zone 1 plays dstv. Then i can walk around and just pick song on the youtube app. Remember, it has to be analogue and bluetooth and usb can only be the same as zone 1. The streaming audio can be different to zone 1  but in SA we can only stream Intune which is a radio station not spotify. I have connected the tv audio with hdmi arc out (as well as dc jack audio out to red and white analogue cables into the amp as well as from the dstv explora red and white to the amp). When i play youtube on my phone it connects to the tv app and all works fine in zone 1 and 2 but when i change zone 1 to dstv and try to play it on zone 2 only it shuts down the app. Everything else is working correctly as in Hdmi's, TV arc, sound but I cannot get to listen to anything independently on zone 2. Plz help

Latest posts