3-Way Speaker Completed

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lewies

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Always looking for some project to do, either telescope or any other type DIY. This is my first attempt at something audio related (since schooldays).

m_026_zps007266dd.jpg

The design is based on many photo's I saw on the internet, and combined some ideas I saw. After reading many articles on speaker building, I realized that building a speaker is a science and an art. Being a scientist myself, I thought I would be able to comprehend the speaker building methodologies and  design a speaker. But it is way too complex for me, and there is just to many variables and design principles.

So I designed a speaker just to look good, and that I was capable of building without too many issues. There are some internal dividers that direct the woofer sound out at the bottom, if that is optimal / working,  I cannot tell. I am sure many of you would have done a more scientific job..... Next time I will ask a bit more advice, but this was a nice fun project to do, and they do not sound to bad.

This was made from MDF (supawood), and the finish is a type of 'lime wash'.

m_013_zpsf9e46fb6.jpg

The drivers are all Sony made, with the tweeter a horn type. Not sure what the donor speakers were.

m_049_zps6f0a5985.jpg

Looking for some constructive criticism :tongue:

Latest posts