SA Banks - Which is the least useless in you opinion?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metatron

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I bank with ABSA. Have done for a loooong time. Recently made some changes adding / removing accounts and ABSA was to 'switch' debit orders... Which they completely, and not unexpectedly, bungled up...  long story...

But Their call centre is consistently useless. Putting me through to incorrect departments and telling me to call numbers that no longer exists. Even the numbers for certain service departments on their website is incorrect. Got to point that I logged a complaint with the OBSSA in January, resulting in ABSA offering this week to pay me an Ex Gratia amount in light of the bad service I received. Not the worst result...

After this offer from ABSA was confirmed I have had at least 3 further incidents where internal ABSA debit orders went off incorrect accounts or incorrect transactional charges went off my accounts etc. and even had a phonecall from their collections department regarding a loan account debit that was bungled due to their own incompetence. No one person at any of the ABSA call centre numbers can assist.

Let me not get into the detail... you guys probably won't even believe me. It is quite a fantastical story...

Point is I am considering telling them to stuff the ex gratia payment somewhere painfully uncomfortable, and moving to another bank.

Where do you bank and what has your experience been regarding both service levels and transactional costs...?

Latest posts