XTZ Room Analyzer

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atjan

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Good day All,

I recently picked up the XTZ Room Analizer that colonel66 so  graciously donated to the Greater Good from AVSA's offices.

I think it will be  a good idea to make this thread a sticky  so that guys using the unit can come here for instructions/help.

The unit is extremely well looked after and has a manual in German (I think) and a CD with the XTZ Remote and manual. I ran the remote file for Win 7, seeing as I need no manuals.  :p I then connected the unit as per the instructions as the unit itself is not marked.  :thinking:

Anyway, don't do that, it doesn't work.

Next I went to www.xtz.se and downloaded what I thought was the correct software and installed. Well, it wasn't. Emailing the CEO of XTZ and corresponding with him, including statements like "not Room Analyzer 11" and a screenshot of the software version, did not sort it. So last night I found, at the bottom of the page with downloads another version of 'Room Analizer' software that does run and recognize that the hardware is connected.

This morning I spent a good hour with everything connected as per instructions but cannot get a sound (white noise as per manual) on my speakers.

So, does anyone have any advice on how to get his done? I installed the software on a WinXP machine and its running the downloaded software and getting readings off the ambient sound in the room. But for the life of me, I cannot get it to play over the speakers.

I've gone through the "sound devices" routine in the control panel and nothing is muted or volume turned way down.
The hifi is playing pretty loud right now, so that's not a problem either.

Thanks guys!

Latest posts