Feelers - DIY Speaker project

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphabet

R.I.P.
Reaction score
I am playing around with the idea to try my hand at building some 2-way stand mount speakers, but have no idea where to start.

I suppose the best would be to firstly buy the drivers and based on their characteristics design the enclosures. Thereafter decide on materials to use(I suppose MDF for the cabinets with some kind of wood veneer to finish)

I have not forgotten about X-overs and there I am totally lost, but I am sure at a price this can be done(design and built)

What am I looking for? Well as mentioned 2-way standmount speakers(size is not really relevant, but will be dictated by drivers and required bass extention)

Now say for instance I would like to have bass extention down to 45-50Hz, sensitivity 89-92dB, impedance 4 to 8 ohm, power handling of up to 150w(although this is not important)

Now starting at the beginning, what is the best place to start looking for drivers and what should I look out for?

Latest posts