Yamaha RXA1010 and Total Recall

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisn3108

AVForums Member
Reaction score
This weekend I purchased the Total Recall and Hulk Blu rays from the local music store. After about half an hour into the TR blu ray, the sound started to cut out. The video was nornal. I tried other blu rays like Hulk, Santana Live, 300 and all played without issues at high levels. I thought it was a problem with the disc so I took it back to the store the next day and they changed it. The same happens with the exchanged disk. I disconnected and reconnected the HDMI cables but no change. I tried to fiddle around with some settings on the AVR but no change. The problem is random intermittent and the sound cuts out about a second at any volume. There is no sound to all channels and the indication on the display flashes during this time. It only happens with the Total Recall blu ray

I have a BDA-1010 connected to the RXA-1010 connected to a amsung 55". HDMI cables are Monster HD950. I have not changed the configuration since I purchased my equipment in April 2012 and have not experienced this problem before purcahsing this disk. Not sure if I need to update the firmware on both pieces of equipment. I havent done this since new.

Does any one have any ideas how to resolve this mystery. All ideas welcome, including giving the disck away. :thinking:

Chrisn

Latest posts