xrapidx system installed. Skipped load shedding.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xrapidx

AVForums Grandmaster
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Well my system was installed - 1x Deye 8kw inverter, 4x Hubble AM2 batteries, 20x 455w JA panels (I noticed the quote was actually on 470w panels)

Mostly hiccup free (hiccups a legacy of the previous builder that did our kitchen, poorly) - still a little apprehensive about the panel angle, and still waiting for the final invoice.

I found the installers did a neat job - all completed in one day between 9:30am and 8pm.

Garage (going to put up a splash screen near washing machine)
IMG_20221116_205146s.jpg

This is facing north - so the panels have an angle of 2.6 degrees (roof slope) - and are about 22.5 degrees (still need to check the exact angle) off North.
IMG_20221118_130902s.jpg

IMG_20221118_130545 (s).jpg

I had a concern with the following, which I'm still not understanding from their side.
  1. The Battery Capacity is set to 200aH on the inverter, I would have thought double that - they said its to control the maximum discharge - and the inverter can still access the full battery setup. (it works - so isn't an issue)
  2. The panel angle - initially I requested 30 degree brackets, which they decided against based on the roof layout - time will tell I guess - at the moment, the batteries are fully charged by 10:30am - after the initial nighttime Eskom charge, we've only used 2kw of Eskom power in about 30 hours.