Wolla's Solar Hybrid Install

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolla

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
I've been so jealous of all the members with their awesome solar installs, but finally I'm almost done with our 1st phase of the install.

We will be building a new house down the road in the foreseeable future, so did not want to go overboard with this install, yet do a decent enough job with is hybrid grid-tied installation, in order to learn and possibly go full off-grid at the new build.

The 8kW Sunsynk hybrid inverted was on back-order, but has now been delivered to my installer and should be able to be fully installed and finished this Monday.

We also plan on maybe adding a 4th battery pending performance, so provided the necessary space for it. We already have a gas/electric range and 2 x 200l thermo-syphon solar geysers, which we installed 11 years ago already. Our current average monthly consumption is just under 600 kWh as measured over the past 3 years. We both work from home, so spend most of our time right at home.

One of the 14 panels were broken through a handling error when off-loading, so will also be fitted on Monday to complete the full array.

Anyway, here the pics (else it did not happen ;) )

BEFORE (brief to installer - summer time) ...
2 Britannica Drive layout for solar install 2.jpg

2 Britannica Drive layout for solar install _50p.jpg

20220629_121827_50p.jpg

DURING (now much greener after some winter rains) ...
20220815_08.jpg

20220815_09.jpg

Almost there ...
20220816_162305_HDR_lzn.jpg

NLIECA_20220820_124410180.MP_lzn.jpg

AFTER to follow ...

Last edited:

Latest posts