Wireless speakers and Soundbars

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rudcor

Reaction score
After a lot of research and contemplation we recently bought a JBL 5.1 soundbar with wireless rechargeable and removable rear speakers. Our lounge just does not lend itself to bulky rear speakers and wires and i thought it would be a good compromise for the very few times that i turn the music off and actually sit down and watch a movie.
In my humble opinion music should be listened to in stereo.
I must compliment JBL on this product, innovative and the surround sound affect is very impressive for the price. No mid range, but still impressive.
I now sometimes find myself listening to music on the JBL while cooking or having dinner with friends instead of powering up the Marantz and 804's.  :shh:
They way i listen to music has also changed because of the ease of using the phone.  Yes i still power up the stereo system when really listening to my stuff, but this is happening less.
I find myself wondering if i should not sell my PM17 and 804's and invest in a quality wireless system like the new B&W Duo, still have quality stereo sound and the ease of using the phone? :thinking: