What AV Receiver to pick.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerlach

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, tonight i sold my Kenwood KRF-V4060D amp. Set the amp up on my AR main speakers and the guy was super happy and took the amp.

Now the search starts for a new or 2nd AV receiver, and i guess the best place to ask is here. Did a bit of research this post 2/3 weeks and read up on some of the amps. Looking for something that is 7.1 or more, 100 watt plus per channel, can run HDMI "and later stage 4k and 3D", network operating "wifi a plus point but network wifi can sort that out to". It will be run on a set of Acoustic Research Ar-900 series. The front speakers is bi-wiring and have side drivers. Will add a Sub later when i move in to my new house.

My question is, what sort of amp will you guys pick. My price market that i'm looking between is R4000 and R9000 max R10 000.

The list of amps that i check and got my attention and there is a "but" with them to is :
Pioneer vsx-924-k or vsx-1021 , i can get them at great price from a dealer ( BUT part: it lacks that solid feeling for me )
Nad T757 and some of the models around the amp. Big Nad person BUT there amps lacks networking function.
Yamaha. Don't like the older models. New models looks nice but witch one to pick?
Denon looks nice and the Marantz to "i just mist out last weekend on a SR6006 one"
Had my eye on Onkyo but after reading all the HDMI problems they give, that part went out by the window but someone can tell me a model that still runs stable with out problem, then i will check in to it again.
Then i have my eye on a Cambridge Azur 640R , it is a old amp but seems to be a good amp. down part is, old hdmi function still.

Will love your input and info guys.  :groovy:

Latest posts