Vinyl vs CD : My 10 cents worth

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chucky

Reaction score
Firstly let me start by stating the obvious ... I am no expert when it comes to this! I love music, pretty much all music. So with all the debate about vinyl is better than cd or is it that cd is better?!, I just had to do the test. I got a Thorens TD280 from a very helpful (Don't know if he's a member here, but thanks Juan anyway) guy in Cape Town which he carefully packed and shipped up to me. I have a Cambridge Audio 540A which doesn't have phono in so what was I to do but go out and buy a phono stage. I decided on the Cambridge Audio 640P. Right, so I have amp, phono stage, turntable. Next I went to Chilli Vinyl and scratched about a bit. (I was even offered a cup of tea while I scratched!!) So armed with all the bits needed, I came home this evening and set everything up per the instructions that I had been given. I put on Tessa Ziegler. Ok, not bad, but truthfully my 640C sounds better. Great so vinyl sucks. It's far too much like hard work for quite average sound?! NOT!!! Next I put on Scatterlings by Jaluka. WOW! CD is great. Put it in and off you go. Vinyl is much more like hard work, but there is a depth that comes from vinyl! OK, enough typing more listening!

Latest posts