TV issues

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funcrusha76

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
I recently acquired a new television, a rather basic HD LED TV by Hisense. The TV has two HDMI inputs, component inputs, and basic AV inputs (video, stereo RCA). It doesn't appear to have RCA outs, but has a mini-jack out for headphone listening.

I have tried a mini-jack to RCA cable to connect the TV to my stereo receiver which works, but is quite noisy when switching between inputs on the TV, making a sort of popping sound. I am not at all convinced that using this to feed audio from the TV to the receiver is the best idea, especially with those pops.

I figured one solution would be to use the audio outs on my DStv decoder and DVD player, and then getting a media player with its own audio outputs so that I can play content from my harddrives (rather than connecting the drives directly to the TV). I was even hoping that I could use the optical/digital coaxial outputs from my DVD player to my DAC, but it seems my DAC can only process stereo content - it won't do DVD audio (duh?!).

Is there a solution that I'm not considering. I don't really have a dedicated AV setup; rather I'm trying to integrated the television into my existing stereo setup while trying to get the best possible audio as a result.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Latest posts