TV Dilemma

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The kock

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
I have a Plasma 55" HD that works beautifully and I have never looked at this 8 year old set and thought I am not enjoying HD.

3 years after buying this I thought let me look at LED, I bought one brought it home and could not get over the weird movement took it back they gave me another one and it was the same so I took it back again and stayed with the Plasma.

After upgrading the Amp I thought let me look at a 4K TV so I bought a 65" UHD LG. R15k TV on special, the size upgrade is awesome and the remote is awesome but the picture was a disappointment again the movement is not great and normal DSTV is definitely 15% worse (not great to watch) and the 4K stuff I download really puts the set under pressure and a "stagger" appears so its not smooth.

Went back looked at the upgraded unit on special for R20k was R25k OLED 240htz refresh rate. and the same problem.

So I ended up getting a refund and mounting the plasma back and am happy again but obviously no 4K on my set.

has anyone ells had this issue?
Any recommendations?

I am at the point where I think the 65" size definitely impacts quality like a tipping point and furthermore for me to have the same experience I might have to go to the premium units say R50k 65" TV not sure so if there is a big jump in quality/movement etc please help guide me??

Cheers   

Latest posts