Third Man Records: Direct to Acetate

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Telephono

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
I'm itching to get into this bundle from TMR.

http://thirdmanstore.com/tmr-live/live-12-series/rocktober-direct-to-acetate-bundle

Details

THE KILLS: This record captures a show we had been wanting to see at Third Man since day Numero Uno. Jamie Hince and Alison Mosshart are two of the most talented and creative people we know and we couldn't be more pleased that they rocked our stage and committed it to wax so we can finally have a release on the label by the one and only KILLS. These 8 songs were recorded direct-to-acetate on October 10, 2012.

Tracklist:
1. Heart is a Beating Drum
2. Future Starts Slow
3. Kissy Kissy
4. DNA
5. Baby Says
6. Tape Song
7. Pots and Pans
8. Last Goodbye

SEASICK STEVE: The dog Hisself joined us at Third Man for a rare Stateside live appearance on October 26th, 2012. Nobody, but nobody, rocks a Diddley Bow like Seasick Steve, and we captured the every nuance in this direct-to-acetate recording. No edits. No overdubs. Just Seasick Steve in all his glory that fateful night in October.

Tracklist:
1. My Donny
2. Cheap
4. Don't Know Why She Love Me But She Do
5. You Gotta Move
6. Last Po'Man
7. Dog House Boogie

THE SHINS: What can we say about The Shins that hasn't already been said in miles of press? They're one of the best bands out there today and we are still honored thinking back to the night James Mercer and his band here to play live and record a live LP for us. This show holds a particularly special place in our hearts, as it was the inaugural groove-carving voyage of our 1953 Scully Lathe that previously churned out masters for Cincinnati?s legendary King Records. The 8 tracks on this live recording mark our first ever cut live direct-to-acetate, and we couldn't be more pleased with the way they turned out.

Tracklist:
1. Australia
2. Simple Song
3. Bait and Switch
4. Phantom Limb
5. So Says I
6. The Rifle's Spiral
7. Marisa / No Way down
8. Port of Morrow

Latest posts