The HiSense brand and their TV's

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Varada_Archaryalu

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

My greatest apologies if this topic has been discussed already on this forum.

I am looking at buying a new TV and it would need to be large. I sit far away from my TV screen and I am looking at the 65" range. I have a 51" plasma and I want to upgrade because: (1) its too small (2) it uses a lot electricity apparently, and (3) it Generates a lot of heat. because the TV is so small I need to sit close to it. In summer this is uncomfortable. After 65" the TV's become very expensive. I am not sure why.

Anyway. I see HISense has some 65" LED's for less that 20K which is actually my budget. but I don't know this brand. I owned Samsung lcds and plasmas and LG lcd monitors and never had issues. (except for the above complaints)

How is this brand? Is there a reason that it is cheaper than other brands?

In case its important to give a comment my requirements are:
1) I do not care much for 3D. I do not like to watch 3D things.
2) must have a lot of hdmi ports. 4 atleast.
3) audio on optical out / toslink
4) would not care much for smartness of the TV I will connect it to a computer. The computer can be smart. but i don't mind a competent media player on board.
5) must not break after 5 years.
6) must not take too much electricity.
7) it would be nice if the ports in the back are sensibly spaced out and arranged.

If anyone who owns a hisense has had bad or good experiences with it, i would like to know and i would appreciate any advices you can give me.

thank you in advance.

Latest posts