The format that won't die...

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morne Coetzee

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Hate to say I told you so, but it seems all the latest albums are still being released on CD.....but at six times the price.
Is this all that streaming did for physical media, that is inflate the prices? Wasn't this the plan from the start?

Anyone know where we can still buy new releases on CD in SA other than to now have to import it? 
A friend of mine recently started working at Amazon in SA, I hope online shopping get up to speed quick so that CD shopping can return to normal like the rest of the world. Seems the only thing that was ever going to die is having to leave your house to go shopping.
Don't get me wrong, I do stream but it definitely won't be my first choice, and if for any reason it turns out to be the way we consume music in the future it would be for no reason other than they priced physical media out of the market to lock us into a subscription model, how sustainable is building a large library of LPs and now CDs at R500 a pop in the long run anyway. I am sure we will get to convince ourselves in the future that this was a step forward  :facepalm: Thanks for the rant....now get of my lawn!!!

Latest posts