Auction experiences

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegade187

AVForums Member
Reaction score
I am starting this post as a bit of a rant but also to school those people out there that don't know how to bid at an auction.
AN AUCTION IS NOT A RETAIL STORE
The aim is not to pay retail prices. You have retail outlets for this🤦🏾‍♂️

I have 2 stories to share in the recent 5 months.
1) Aucor vehicle auction: I went through to their warehouse in Centurion to view the cars and identified the one that I wanted to bid on. Did my research and got the finance sorted out.
Now these auctions are online. On the day of the auction the car sold for R10k under the highest retail price. I abstained, obviously. This is not the first time this happened and I wonder if these are stupid people or if the auction is rigged.

2) Audio auction: Here again, we have uninformed people bidding. One person wanted to buy the whole shop. Some of the stuff was bought for more than the second hand retail. There was a set of speakers which I'm so glad I didn't go all the way with because it turned out to be a disaster.
SA AUCTION GROUP NEEDS TO BE STEERED CLEAR FROM!

I mean do your damn homework before you decide to enter an auction. If unsure go buy it from a retail shop. There are no good deals at an auction anymore because of these m0***s

What are your experiences?

Last edited:

Latest posts