The demise of IckStream and my discovery of Tidal via Squeezebox

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funcrusha76

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Those of you who use LMS and used the IckStream plugin to play some of the paid music streaming services will know that at the end of May IckStream was shut down. Initially I was at a loose end about it but some research revealed that I can access the Tidal app via www.mysqueezebox.com (long may it live) and with a couple of config changes, I was up and running again.

What I didn't expect was an apparent improvement in quality of play via the Squeezbox app versus the IckStream plug-in. To my ears, it sounds much more relaxed - not so sharp in the treble - and the bass seems firmer.

If you have any experiences with either plug-in or app, please share your impressions here as well as your preferred method for streaming Tidal via LMS.

One question I have is it seems that I can only use the Orange mobile app to access Tidal in LMS. Via the web interface, I can't seem to browse Tidal - am I doing something wrong?

'crusha

Latest posts