Tales of appreciation of world-class craftmanship

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moog

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
A few moons ago I mentioned on this forum that my TT had fallen of the shelf and the Tonearm had been damaged. I was then advised by an expert that I will not name that the tone arm could not be repaired and I should replace the OL with a Rega RB 250. I then purchased the RB 250 through the same individual who had advised me tdo so , but to my dismay, I was very unhappy with the sound of the  RB250 tonearm. Through advice from this forum and others,  I was then advised to install a Michell counterweight and also  replace the tonearm cable and the cable from TT to the phonostage/ phono preamplifier. Guillaume  (Hifibian) did this for me but I was still not happy with the sound that I was getting. After spending a lot of money and not getting any satisfaction I made further enquiries with Hifibian about the possibility of fixing the OL tonearm. I would like to confirm that he has done so and I can not tell the difference sonically, between the sound I am hearing now and the sound prior to the damage. Thank you very much Hifibian for your craftsmanship. I am now enjoying the grin-inducing sound again.